Why A New Church?
Why A New Church?
Recent statistics show that in the U.S. over 3,500 churches a year close their doors, and over 75% are in steady decline. But there is hope. Jesus is building his church. He promised to do it, and he is keeping that promise. There is something unique about the church that separates it from para-church organizations and social improvement efforts. It is Jesus' body, his people, rescued from the chains of death and now armed to present his redemption to a sinful world. Jesus did not promise to build clubs or organizations, no matter how good they may be. But he promised and is faithful to rescue and redeem sinners, sanctify them, and put them on display as trophies of his grace. That is the church. Redemption Church of Denver is starting because Jesus has rescued us by his grace and is going to rescue others.
- New churches best reach new generations, new residents, and new people groups.
- New churches best reach the unchurched.
- New churches are the most efficient and biblical form of missions and disciple making. (Matthew 28.19)
- Church planting in and near cities follows a biblical model of missions.
To read a short article by Tim Keller on why planting new churches is esstential, click here.
Why South Broadway?
- The Spirit of God seems to be moving in a special way in this community, and the other Gospel-preaching churches nearby have welcomed us to join in the work.
- Being just south of downtown, South Broadway is a very accessible and influential section of the city.
- With the large, already begun redevelopment plan for this area of the city, the next 5-10 years look to be a time of growth and positive activity that we want to be a part of.
Redemption Church of Denver is also part of Redemption Ministries, a young, small, growing network of Gospel-centered churches.